Monday, June 15, 2009

Recapping a productive run...

As I look back on this semester, I am proud to say that I have learnt a lot from Issues in Publication and Design, although I will probably never again look at documents or compositions without having the need to scrutinize and criticize every little aspect I see. But that is probably a good thing and I have IPD to thank.

From this subject, I have learnt some of the rules and guidelines when publishing documents and how, as bloggers we are supposed to apply those conventions so that it adheres to the audience, purpose and context. One of the essential aspects in document design is being mindful of social, cultural, and situational factors, as stated by Walsh (2006). At the same time, I learnt that publishers need to be sensitive to their readers (Putnis and Petelin 1996) and constantly engage in ethical publishing so as to not offend any parties.

While it is a relief that all is finally over, I have gained valuable knowledge that will constantly be applied in coming semesters. Now that I have been bitten by the blogging bug, perhaps I shall continue doing it for fun. Again, thanks to IPD.


References:

Putnis, P & Petelin, R 1996, Professional communication: principles and applications, Prentice Hall, Sydney.

Walsh, M 2006, 'The textual shift: examining the reading process with print, visual, and multimodal texts', Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, vol. 29. no. 1, pp. 24-37.

No comments:

Post a Comment